Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Answer To The Mog Question

Well I think I have the answer to the question I posed in the previous post 3 years ago...

If no one views it then it doesn't exist, or rather it does remain as an artifact in cyberspace but just one of those billions of dead bits of data that no one eve sees or reads unless you stumble upon them while surfing randomly through the blogosphere.

Will I actually start blogging on this blog now? after leaving it dormant for three years and not following my own intention? We'll see!

I'm certainly more active in cyberspace now than I was back in 2008. I have my much used and viewed Flickr pages at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomraven , my 'A Raven Image' blog at http://tomraven.blogspot.com/and my Facebook and Twitter presence... and even a dalliance with Google Buzz although I might be the only person on there :-)

So Schrödinger... this blog does not exist unless people read it and they will only read it if they can find it and if they find it interesting. But as Bill English said yesterday at the SharePoint Best Practice Conference I was attending in London;

"Findability is all about Putability" ... its only the metadata you attach to it and where you put your stuff that makes that stuff findable at all...

And lets face it its all just 'stuff'... so I have to ask; does anyone find this rambling of any interest?

No comments: